Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight




Read no further if you have never seen this movie and you don't want me to ruin it for you. I just saw this movie this weekend and I have to say that they did an amazing job. It had a really creative plot that made you think and it was very suspenseful-keeping me on the edge of my seat. Heath Ledger did a creepishly fabulous job as the joker. I have to admit that I was scared at parts and it it hard for me to get scared by movies. While the movie was a lot darker and more evil than the first movie, given the character of the Joker in itself, it can stack up as far as quality. I really liked the part about the two boats of people where one boat had a bunch of civilians on it and the other had a load of criminals. They were told that one of them had to blow up the other boat by midnight or they would both be blown up. It was really interesting to see the nature of humans and whether or not they are cowards in their final minutes. In the end, neither group blew the other group up. It may have been because no one wanted to pull the trigger and have the other peoples' blood on their hands. It may have been because deep down inside of humans we are all innately good (I'm going for this explanation). I just think that if I was in that situation, I would have had to think long and hard about it. I have to admit thatat first I probably would have thought that the other boat was full of criminals, menaces to society, and they have already chosen their fate. I probably would have been one of the cowards that chose to blow up the other ship. But in the end, I would hope that I would have compassion and mercy and sacrifice my life so that others may live. I don't know...just something to think about.



No comments: