Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sometimes you need people to believe in you even when you don't believe in yourself. I have been feeling very burnt out and unmotivated by teaching the last couple of weeks. I was really loving it for a while, but now I think I just need a good break...yeah for Christmas. But anyway, so I just started telling myself that I am not meant to do this, or not cut out for it. But I have had my principal tell me otherwise as well as my BYU instructor.
My principal saw one of my math lessons..aagh..I struggle to teach math. She came in afterwards and told me she wasn't supposed to talk to me about it yet, but that it was one amazing lesson and perfectly linear. I couldn't believe this..it was like someone else was teaching one thing and I was on the sidelines seeing something completely different.
Then my BYU instructor saw one of my lessons and said that I just looked like a teacher and had some of the best plans she had ever seen.
So even though I struggle to know this is my life-long path, I have cheerleaders on the sidelines telling me that I can. They tell me I was born to do this job...I just need to believe it myself...but for now, I can lean on their beliefs.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're with a hard age group too. I've heard from anyone that's a teacher that the first year will make or break you, then it's a lot easier. Hang in there!

Steelefamily04 said...

I think that you would be the best teacher ever. you are the so patient. Hope it gets better

goodbyes said...

I think you are doing AMAZINGLY WELL for your first year. You always amaze me and you are all that and a bag of chips and that's saying a lot from the daughter of a school teacher and Clover Club factory worker! :D